We’re pleased to share our latest “Top Ten” social media links and resources.
Scroll down for upcoming events Social: IRL is hosting or supporting.
If you would like additional resources sent direct to your inbox, you can subscribe to our free email newsletter.
Top Ten Links:
1. Customers Reveal All: Why Brands Need to Pay Attention to Social Media – New study highlights how “brand connected consumers” are using social media to engage with brands, the power of these consumers to influence reputation and drive sales, and the significance of brand response via social channels. READ MORE
2. What Happens Every 60 Seconds In Social Media? – Did you know that each and every minute an average of 347,000 tweets are sent, 1.87 million Facebook Likes are generated, 4,320 minutes of video are uploaded to YouTube, and 3,472 images are posted to Instagram. This infographic takes a closer look at what happens every sixty seconds across key social networks. READ MORE
3. The State of Social Marketing 2012-2013 -Valuable insights in this new report released by The Pivot Conference. Each year, Pivot takes the pulse of professionals leading social initiatives for major organizations to see their current attitudes and to get a sense of what will impel their decisions in the year ahead. READ MORE
4. 13 Resources to Help Brands “Stay Social” in 2013 – Great collection of whitepapers, webinars, guides & reports from Spredfast, covering social business strategy, social marketing, consumer engagement, brand insights, and more. READ MORE
5. 12 Principles for Responding to Negative Online Comments – A good set of guidelines for handling difficult or negative questions and statements on the social web. READ MORE
6. What Your Business Needs to Know About Facebook’s EdgeRank – Whether you’re leading a paid, earned, or owned strategy, making informed decisions about goals and proper metrics starts with knowing the real challenges and opportunities. In this post, Brian Solis addresses recent controversy around changes to Facebook EdgeRank and its impact on post reach, and provides a good summary of how EdgeRank actually works. READ MORE
7. Three Corporate Social Media Trends That Should Die in 2013 – Forcing Facebook users to spam their friends in order to participate in sweepstakes or deals, holding charities hostage in return for Facebook likes, pandering for meaningless engagements. Augie Ray discusses three popular social media trends that would be better left for dead as we head in to the new year. READ MORE
8. 2013 Social Media Predictions for Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and More– Rooted in experience of working with hundreds of brands and leading social platforms, Expion CEO Peter Heffring provides valuable insights with his 10 key predictions for the coming year. READ MORE
9. Closing the Gap Between Social and ROI: Speaking the Language of Your CEO – Companies need to be able to prove that their social media efforts are paying off in a business sense. They need to be able to go beyond surface-value metrics and correlate their social media and web presence with tangible business metrics. The problem is that ROI is a financial metric and social media metrics are decidedly non-financial. So what approach do you take? READ MORE
10. The Meaning of Conversation in an Age of Information Overload – Twitter’s Ev Williams and Biz Stone in conversation with Charlie Rose as part of Fast Company’s Creative Conversations series. READ MORE
Connect with Social: IRL – While many of you are connected with us on Facebook and Twitter, you can also find us on Pinterest and Google+, and join our Facebook Groups for Nonprofits and for Kansas Educators.
Upcoming Social Media Events:.
“Behind the Brand” with KU Athletics: Join Social: IRL for this special evening at legendary Allen Fieldhouse on the University of Kansas campus. We’ll hear from the KU Athletics marketing department and learn how they use social and digital media to connect with fans. We’ll see behind the scenes at Allen Fieldhouse. Then we’ll experience game night as KU Women’s Basketball take on Iowa State. READ MORE
Links include content identified as being from our sponsors Spredfast, Expion, and Spiral16. We are grateful to these sponsors for their support and enjoy sharing content and webinar opportunities they provide which we consider to be valuable to the Social: IRL community.