We’re pleased to share our top ten links and resources for the week, and details of upcoming Social: IRL events. If you would like additional resources sent direct to your inbox, you can subscribe to our free email newsletter.
Top Ten Links and Resources:
1. If You Don’t Have a Social CEO, You’re Going to be Less Competitive – CEOs and their executives set the cultural tone for an organization. Through participation, they implicitly promote the use of social technologies. That will make their organizations more competitive and better able to adapt to sudden market changes. READ MORE
2. Understanding Mobile Consumer Behavior – Valuable stats & insights from Google’s “Our Mobile Planet” READ MORE
3. Seven Universal Truths for Ensuring Brand Relevance – The age of big corporations doing whatever they want is over. Now companies must find ways to give back, and to do it in ways that consumers find authentic. How can a company get there? READ MORE
4. Responding to customers via social media – Good tips and a helpful “response assessment” flowchart shared by Spiral16. READ MORE
5. World’s first ‘Wikipedia town’ – To better engage tourists, this town installed 1,000 real-world QR code plaques linking back to Wikipedia articles. READ MORE
6. Creating and Using Great Social Content – View an on-demand recording of the recent Spredfast webinar with Jason Falls READ MORE
7. Social Engagement Handbook – Created by the Red Cross as a guide for their local units, but also an excellent resource for any non-profit or small business. READ MORE
8. Scaling Your Social Business – Valuable insights in this must watch video of Jeremiah Owyang’s keynote at the Dachis Group Social Business Summit. READ MORE
Bonus: Regain Control and Minimize Risk: Your Strategy for Managing Corporate Media Activities – More valuable insights from Jeremiah Owyang in this SocilaVolt webinar. View the recording while it’s still available.
9. Startup Outlook – The Brand Marketer’s Guide to Evaluating Startups – A monthly guide from 360i helping brands better evaluate emerging technologies and platforms. READ MORE
Thanks to our friends at Expion for sharing this great resource.
10. Twitter to the Rescue – Fascinating video looking at the life-changing impact Twitter is having in rural areas on Kenya. READ MORE
Special Announcements & Upcoming Events:
Free copy of Realtime Report’s Guide to Influence Measurement Tools – How do you identify and grow advocates for your business? Which tools are most useful for discovering and measuring influence? What’s the difference between Personal Influence and Contextual Influence. Free download thanks to Appinions (regularly $20) READ MORE
Join Social: IRL, Brian Solis, and 500 of the top media minds in the industry in New York for Pivot – Here’s why we’re attending and are recommending the event for all agencies and brand marketers. We also have a VIP discount code to share, which will save you 20% on registrations. READ MORE
Social Media for Non-Profits – We’re excited to announce two additional dates for our non-profits workshops. These events are free for non-profit organizations to attend. Join us in Wichita KS on July 24, and in Springfield MO on August 23. READ MORE
Links include content identified as being from our sponsors Spredfast, Expion, SocialVolt, Spiral16, and Appinions. We are grateful to these sponsors for their support and enjoy sharing content and webinar opportunities they provide which we consider to be valuable to the Social: IRL community.