We’re pleased to share our latest “Top Ten” social media links and resources.
Scroll down for upcoming events Social: IRL is hosting or supporting.
If you would like additional resources sent direct to your inbox, you can subscribe to our free email newsletter.
Top Ten Links and Resources:
1. The Converged Media Imperative – The latest report from Altimeter’s Jeremiah Owyang offers critical insights on the need for brands to evolve marketing strategies to meet the rapid convergence of paid, earned and owned media. READ MORE
2. Visually Engaging Facebook Updates -Some great examples of text updates creatively shared as images for a far greater impact. READ MORE
3. 26 Tips for Managing a Social Media Community – Good practical advice in this “A-Z Guide” from Social Media Examiner. READ MORE
4.The Desire to “Scale Social” Without Making the Commitment to “Being Social” -The difference between “doing social” and “being social” and five key reasons many brands and enterprises fail to achieve social at scale. READ MORE
5. From the 140 Conference to “The State of Now” – Social: IRL chats with Jeff Pulver and Becky McCray about the State of Now conference returning to Hutchinson KS on November 8. We also have a discount code to reduce registrations from $100 to just $40. READ MORE
6. If Content is King, Visuals are His Queen -Great post from Spredfast on the critical role visuals play in social media storytelling & content sharing. READ MORE
7. You’ll Need More Than Facebook To Smash The Wall Between You And Your Customers – It’s no longer enough to have a website, mailing list, Facebook page, or even a mobile application. Businesses need to create and maintain digital assets that are core to how they operate, provide real value to users, and support them appropriately. READ MORE
8. Social Media for Nonprofits: Listening, Setting Goals, Storytelling – Spiral16’s presentation from Social: IRL’s recent non-profits workshop in Wichita, KS. READ MORE
9. The Social Media ROI Cookbook – This latest open research report from Altimeter Group provides a useful framework of six primary ways to measure social media effectiveness. READ MORE
10. Why Digital Influence is so Important to your Business – In this new post, Brian Solis explains why understanding influence and how it affects your business has become far more important than most realize. The post also provides a good reminder that true influence is not a score, but rather “the relationship between cause and effect.” READ MORE
Upcoming Social Media Events:
Friends in Atlanta – Join the Social Media Club of Atlanta Summer Tweetup this Thursday, August 2, sponsored by Social: IRL partners Expion. READ MORE
Social Media for Non-Profits – The next Social: IRL non-profits workshop takes place in Springfield MO, on August 23. The event is free for non-profit organizations to attend. READ MORE
Join Social: IRL with Jason Falls in Des Moines for “All Business, No Hype, Social Media” – On August 30, Social Media Explorer’s Jason Falls will lead two in-depth 90 minute workshop sessions focusing on social media tools, tactics, content, planning, strategy and measurement. Registrations are just $65. We’ll also have special guest speakers from the local tech community, and post-event networking. READ MORE
An Evening with Becky McCray – Renowned blogger, author, and small business expert Becky McCray joins Social: IRL in Lawrence KS, on October 25, for a special presentation and networking event. Free registration. READ MORE
Join Social: IRL, Brian Solis, and 500 of the top media minds in the industry in New York for Pivot – Here’s why we’re attending and are recommending the event for all agencies and brand marketers. We also have a VIP discount code to share, which will save you 20% on registrations. READ MORE
The State of Now Conference (formerly 140 Conference) returns to Hutchinson KS on November 8 – Expect to hear from dozens of great speakers sharing stories of the personal and professional impact of social media and the “state of now,” with a focus on small town communities. Use promotion code friendofST12 and registration is just $40. READ MORE
Links include content identified as being from our sponsors Spredfast, Expion, and Spiral16. We are grateful to these sponsors for their support and enjoy sharing content and webinar opportunities they provide which we consider to be valuable to the Social: IRL community.