We’re pleased to share our latest “Top Ten” social media links and resources.
Scroll down for upcoming events Social: IRL is hosting or supporting.
If you would like additional resources sent direct to your inbox, you can subscribe to our free email newsletter.
Top Ten Links:
1. Myth-Busting Social Media Marketing – Social vs. search, ROI, and B2B… Lee Odden gives a valuable reality check on three common social media marketing myths. READ MORE
2. Five Key Lessons Learned: Social Media’s Impact on CFCA Marketing Strategies – In this guest post in the Social: IRL blog, the Christian Foundation for Children and Aging share some key insights on how social media helps them better connect with supporters and enhances their ability to serve more than 300,000 children, youth, and aging friends worldwide. READ MORE
3. Does “Liking” A Bulldozer Help Sell More Of Them? – It makes sense for consumer-facing companies to leverage social media, but how’s it working out for B2B companies? READ MORE
4. “Put The Bullhorn Down” – You don’t have to go viral to be successful on social media. GE is proving that with what it calls “micro-media”—communications efforts that target small communities and facilitate discussion within them rather than trumpet to huge audiences. READ MORE
5. Marketing Your Business on LinkedIn -Although your company may have a presence on LinkedIn, have you fully incorporated LinkedIn into your multichannel social media marketing strategy by incorporating all of the features LinkedIn has to offer? This new whitepaper from Spredfast dives into four key areas brands have an opportunity to harness to build a stronger, more engaging LinkedIn presence. READ MORE
6. Reintroducing Relevancy in the Age of Empowered and Connected Consumers – Stop for a minute and reflect upon the situation facing your company today. Digital & mobile technology…social media…empowered and connected consumers…you’ve heard it all before. But have you moved your brand in the right direction in response? READ MORE
7. Successful Social Business Starts From Within – Can a business be smart socially on the outside, without being social on the inside? In this first in a series of Social: IRL guest posts, Socialized! author Mark Fidelman discusses why the journey to being a successful social business must start with internal transformation. READ MORE
Bonus: Win a free copy of Socialized! – Head over to Social: IRL’s Facebook Page and enter our drawing for a free copy of “Socialized! How the Most Successful Businesses Harness the Power of Social.”
8. Top 25 Retailers Ranked By Facebook Fan Actions – Expion infographic highlighting the retailers generating the most fan actions on Facebook, both by overall volume and per post. READ MORE
9. How Nonprofit Social Media Can Connect Supporters To The Cause – Danielle Brigida has done wonders running the social media at the National Wildlife Federation, providing a model for how organizations can use new communications technology to inspire their supporters. READ MORE
Bonus: Social Giving – The Integral Role of Social Media in Fundraising and Donations – From the most popular platforms and profitable tactics, to the growth of online movements and the rise of the crowdfunding culture, this infographic highlights how social giving is really paying off. READ MORE
10. New 2012 Internet Trends Report Highlights Opportunities – Spiral16 recap highlights of Mary Meeker’s much anticipated annual Internet Trends research report. READ MORE
Connect with Social: IRL – While many of you are connected with us on Facebook and Twitter, you can also find us on Pinterest and Google+, and join our Facebook Groups for Nonprofits and for Kansas Educators.
Upcoming Social Media Events:.
Social Media for Nonprofits – St.Louis MO, January 22: Join Social: IRL for this special workshop dedicated to educating and empowering non-profit organizations in using social media as a powerful marketing, communications, and relationships platform, and a tool to drive positive action from supporters. Free nonprofit registration. READ MORE
Social Media Club of Kansas City, Breakfast Hangout with Brian Solis – Kansas City MO, January 4: Join SMCKC for their January 4 breakfast – it’s going to be something very special! It’s taking place at Google Fiber Space, and attendees are participating in a live Hangout with Social: IRL’s good friend Brian Solis. Attendees will have the opportunity to submit questions to Brian in advance and drive the discussion around issues they want his perspectives on. Thanks to H&R Block sponsoring the breakfast, first 100 registrations receive a free copy of Brian’s book, The End of Business As Usual. READ MORE
Links include content identified as being from our sponsors Spredfast, Expion, and Spiral16. We are grateful to these sponsors for their support and enjoy sharing content and webinar opportunities they provide which we consider to be valuable to the Social: IRL community.